Thursday, February 23, 2012

My thoughts. Questions. Lots of questions.

This is my first blog.
I want to become a fully funtioning survivalist. a prepper. I hope to be able to explore, share, and prepare.
When I woke up to the fact that I wasn’t as prepared as I thought I was, I started asking myself questions:
If I put together a 72 Hour Kit myself, will it cost me more than if I just bought one?
Do I really need a 72 Hour Kit for everyone in my family? I have 9 kids, for crying out loud!
How can I rotate the food in our 72 Hour Kits when I have trouble keeping up with daily life? (I put it on my list of things to do, but it never gets checked off the list! It just doesn't seem as urgent as getting kids to soccer)
Will I be able to give my family a balanced diet on food storage?
What about fresh fruits and vegetables, especially salad?
Is it possible to have a year supply of Lucky Charms cereal?
What happens when I start going thru chocolate withdrawal?
Is it possible to have a 2 year supply of chocolate? (cocoa just isn't the same)
How do I make a 2 year supply of chocolate last more than 1 year?
I have all this wheat, what do I do with it?
How do I make bread without an oven?
How do I make bread without a wheat grinder?
For that matter - how do I make bread?
Do I have a non-electric can opener?
How do I know if I have everything I need for my family to survive long term?
What happens when we've eaten all the good stuff, and all there is left is wheat and beans- and my kids don't like wheat and beans?
If we have to bug out, what about my scrapbooks? And what is bugging out, anyway? If it has to do with bugs, I'm not going!
How will I be able to deal with living in a tent, when I can only stand 3 days of camping, and then I want to go home and sleep in my own bed?
How am I going to have time to prepare for the future, when I can't even get dinner made in the present?
How much do I rely on the Lord, and how much do I prepare?
How can I prepare for every possible situation?
How do I know what to prepare for?
What if I do all this work, and spend all this money, and nothing ever happens?
What if I don't prepare because I never get around to it, and something happens?
What if I do all this work, and spend all this money, and it saves our lives?

these were just some random questions that I had in my head.

List 5 things you can't do without:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

(not including the obvious- food, water, etc. And one of them cannot be electricity - you will have to do without that!)

Here is my list (in equal order)
1. chocolate
2. my ear medicine and q-tips (I have a chronic ear problem)
3. books
4. some sort of craft
5. manicure set/make-up

my future posts will be all about how I prepare as I juggle daily living.

2 comments:

  1. You have the same questions I have. I'm exited to read your blog. Finding the time is my problem. Lol I would love to see your notebook sometimes. You truly amaze me my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sherrie - I'm so glad you checked out my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete