Thursday, June 14, 2012

STRENGTH OF CHARACTER

I have been away from my blog for a while because I was doing something that was very hard for me. I was working 10 hours a day 7 days a week at a power plant. I put on hard hat and boots and went to work every day. It was a temporary job, but it was still hard work.
I thought about how this experience has made me see that I (a pampered diva) can do hard things and survive. I am stronger than I think I am. And doing something that is hard has helped me - I now think to myself - if I can do that hard thing, then I can also do this hard thing.


Maybe our lives are so easy with our modern conveniences that we don't know how hard our lives can be.
Another thing I noticed about this experience was my emotions during this "trial". I get cranky when I am tired. If I can learn to change my attitude and be nicer to others before the DHTF, life will be a lot more pleasant for all of us. The time to improve ourselves is before we are under stress. Because under stress is when our true colors come out.

Thinking of colors and character - maybe I can work on my rainbow:
red - courage
orange - resourcefulness
yellow - cheerfulness
green - serenity
blue - loyalty
purple - my royal heritage - a child of God

No comments:

Post a Comment