Monday, March 19, 2012

PROPHETS SPEAK

I am reading a book:
Prophetic Statements on Food Storage for Latter-Day Saints
 
by Neil H. Leash
(see exerpts I posted in 'Pages' titled: Prophets Speak)
It has me scared to death!
I am scared because we have been warned for more than 150 years and we still are not doing it! The Lord will be patient for only so long, and then it is OVER!
I have heard about food storage and emergency preparedness over and over and over my whole life; I should be the most prepared person out of any prepper out there!  and I am not!
I must repent!

What I found really interesting is the timeline:
1857 Brigham Young counseled saints to get a 7 year supply of grain.
1937 President J. Ruben Clark counseled saints to get a 1 year supply.
1973 President Ezra Taft Benson: counseled saints to get a 1 year supply of clothes, food, fuel, and medical supplies.
2002 President Gordon B. Hinckley counseled saints to get a 1 week food supply. then 1 month. then 3 months.
 ". . . I fear that so many feel that a long-term food supply is so far beyond their reach that they make no effort at all."

What does President Thomas S. Monson say about emergency preparedness and food storage?




No comments:

Post a Comment