Sunday, April 22, 2012

BIRTHDAYS





Today is my husband's birthday. Yesterday I made him a cake. (not that cake -ha ha! -


this cake!)
Before I could make the cake I had to go to the store and buy some cake mix.
We always have lots of cake mix in the cupboard because it's always somebody's birthday around here. Except I didn't pay attention, and we ran out of cake mix.

As I was making the cake, I thought about making cake A.D. (after disaster). Some people make cake from scratch. Could I do that with the ingredients in my food storage? (I am "from scratch" illiterate)

Some preppers "canned" cake mix, so that they can make a cake no matter where or when.
(I wonder what they are going to cook it in.  Oh yeah, they are preppers and have a solar oven)

Simple things (like making a cake) can sure get complicated if the DHTF (dirt hits the fan)

I guess I am feeling a little overwhelmed with daily life, to add more prepping to the mix.
I'm going to be Scarlett O'Hara today :
"I'll think about it tomorrow."
and follow Marie Antoinette's advice: "Let them eat cake!"

No comments:

Post a Comment