Sunday, April 22, 2012

To sleep. . . . . . perchance to be prepared!

I went to bed thinking about how I really haven't done much lately on emergency preparedness. Couldn't sleep,thinking about it.       

So, I got back up to blog about it.

I think about it alot, but the actual doing - not so much.  I know that part of it is that it is not high priority in daily living.

But it would be really high priority if some disaster happens (and then it would be too late to put it at the top of the list!)

I think I would do more if I had an actual list I'm working from, instead of doing things I feel like doing.

So, here is my list:

WATER
     200 gallons for 2 week family supply
     2 liter bottles/juice bottles
     purifier - for house, 72 hr kits, cars

FOOD
     basics (beans, rice, wheat, etc.) for 5 people for 1
     year

     canned goods to make 100 dinners (canned
     vegetables, tomato sauce, 
     cream of chicken soup, etc.)

     baking goods- flour, baking soda, baking powder,
     dehydrated eggs, yeast,
     salt, sugar, etc. 

     chocolate chips


72 HOUR KITS
     replace outdated food
     update supplies
    
BOOKS or information
     growing herbs in our area
     how to make
          bread without a bread machine
          yogurt
          sprouts (wheat, etc.)



This is a good start. If I can check all the stuff off my list here, I will add more.
I copied this list into my word program and printed it up and put it on my wall where I will see it every day.
Now I can go to bed and get some rest!  Even preppers need their beauty sleep!





No comments:

Post a Comment